Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 17:58:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device driver help needed...

> curproc is an ugly thing in an SMP environment, since there are
> multiple current processes.

Generic implementation strategy is to replace CURPROC with a macro.

I believe the current SMP code references the curproc out of the
processor specific data area, along with the kernel stack.  It's
really questionable whether this is a good idea, if we ever intend
to support kernel multithreading.  But as things stand now, you
still use "curproc", and you get the right one for the CPU you
are running on.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---