Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2021 11:00:46 -0700
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pinentry

I ma trying to figure out why pin entry and pinetnry-tty are installed. =
If I try to remove it, I get a list of post that are to be deleted.

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        gnupg: 2.2.27
        gpgme: 1.15.1
        mimedefang: 2.83_3
        mutt: 2.0.4
        pinentry: 1.1.0_7
        pinentry-tty: 1.1.0
        spamass-milter: 0.4.0_4
        spamassassin: 3.4.4
        subversion: 1.14.0

I've looked through he config for all of these and not seen anything =
about PIN entry, and am wondering why it would be required to run any of =
these packages.

I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I would need to enter a PIN =
on a TTY and no one else could possibly do so.

I suspect mutt since it is relatively newly installed, nut I see nothing =
in the config that seems like it wold disable this. (Mutt is used as a =
convenient way to send html formatted mail of some system events), it is =
not used to access mail off the server and is only used by me to access =
mail on the server.

--=20
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Well, I think so, Brain, but first you'd have to take that whole
	bridge apart, wouldn't you?"