Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 18:05:46 +0530
From:      "Gautham Ganapathy" <gauthamg123list@myrealbox.com>
To:        "FreeBSD - Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nVidia driver problem w/ FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE + mplayer

Hi,

I have installed 5.2.1-RELEASE on my system (Athlon XP/nForce 2
Ultra/GeForce 3). Unfortunately, I am not able to use nVidia's fbsd drivers.
I saw a few posts that mentioned it would work under fbsd-5 although it was
written for 4. Any idea on what might be the problem?

The initial bootup gives messages saying 'PCI bus mastering disabled' and
'Unable to access memory ...'. Loading this driver also prevents it from
detecting other PCI devices such as my Netgear FA311 and 3Com (integrated,
3c509, i think) NICs.

Is there any workaround for this?

I have not specified a chipset as mentioned in
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?B06CC0370BBC0F4EA588FD6952A9392502293A

Also, when I install the mplayer package as well as apache 1.3, it halts
with the error code -1. How do I get around this? I am installing them from
the main FTP site.

Thanks & Regards
Gautham