Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:52:30 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Abel Mayal <mayala@info.bt.co.uk>
Cc:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Jaz

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 04:09:18PM +0100, Abel Mayal wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Thanks for your answer Jonathan but I still donīt know how to do it.
> I've got a SCSI Jazz device and a SCSI bus but I don't know which device
> (/dev/ ) of FreeBSD select... Do I have to do a mount with this device?
> "mount /dev/xxxxxx /jazz"

Have a look at the result of "dmesg". If your Jazz device is on the
SCSI bus, you'll have an entry for "daN", where N is a number;
indicating the device entry to use.

Once you know the device number, you can use:

	/stand/sysinstall -> Configure -> FDisk

to work out the slice number to use for the filesystem: look under the
"Name" column. (Don't do anything silly within FDisk...).

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>