Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:34:38 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        "Michael J. Lu" <MJL@digicron.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAT 32

There are efforts being taken to make FBSD "talk" to FAT32.

If you will use a different HD to install FBSD - which I personally think
to be a better idea - you won't have a problem, except for the fact that
you won't be able to exchange files among platforms; But you can avoid this
by leaving a DOS (pure old FAT) partition at your FBSD disk. This can be
done at installation time, when you are defining FBSD's slices. Won't
require too much expertise, IMHO.

Now, if the case would be installing FBSD in the same disk, w/ Win98... oh,
well... I do't know... Then you will have to make sure that fips will be
able to partition it correctly. AFAIK, it is not that sophisticated right
now, and you may have to use Norton's tools, i've heard.

Good luck !