Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:56:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Gimp's lack of gif support

At Wed, 4 Apr 2001 it looks like Christopher Farley composed:

chris->Does *any* version of GIMP have issues with this?
chris->
chris->I'm running the latest version of GIMP and I can load and save gifs
chris->left and right.
chris->

.............I distinctly remember experiencing what happened with
the .gif issue, can't remember exactly which version. Maybe the
complaints were enough to revert back to .gif support.

<flame_off>
Hell, Linux/Unix supports Microsoft documents with a variety of
tools, why the big turmoil over .gif's.  If you don't like them,
don't use them.
</flame_off>

--
Bill Schoolcraft