Date:       4 Mar 99 02:37:21 MST
From:      Wilson Tam <wilson.tsh@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System hold when coping big file

hi,

I am using 2.2.8. Current I find out that when I copy a large file (>100M=
B)
to/from DOS (which mounted on /mnt with type msdos), it will hold up the
system when I try to access the same hd (IDE), eg. to execute some progra=
ms.
The system doesn't hang but it seems just wanting for the coping to finis=
h.

I just wonder is this normal or something wrong with my system. I would a=
lso
want to know are there any way that make the system more responsive when
coping is in progress?

Does 3.0 help?

Thanks for any comments/hints

Wilson