Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:08:03 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure Servers (SMTP, POP3, FTP)

> > > 3. Postfix - Secure, quite light on system resources, growing support
>
>Completely opaque configuration, no useful documentation.  I still
>wonder exactly how this program has such a great reputation, given what
>an obstinate bitch it is to make it do something useful.

??? I chose postfix for my IMGate project (FreeBSD mail hub in front=20
of Ipswitch Imail for NT) because it was so easy to configure (vs=20
qmail and sendmail), and based on the success of bunches of NT GUI=20
jockeys (basically zilch *nix backgnd) who have gotten postfix=20
working with little or no help, I chose right and your opinion is=20
180=B0 out from my experience.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways