Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:21:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu, michaelv@MindBender.serv.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exchange vs. Notes

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> Large organisations like major telcos take a long time to adapt to any
> sort of change, but ultimately they are the ones with the capital, the
> advertising bulk, and the infrastructure required to out-compete
> everyone else.  Don't get me wrong, I don't _like_ the thought, I just
> think it's inevitable.

The Internet provider owned by my telco provides me with much
better service than I ever got from any ISP...  Only complaints
would be no IMAP connections, and that they don't tend to mirror
various public ftp sites (which io.org, mentioned >once on these
lists was good at, if nothing else...).

Both complaints are only marginally relevant...

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk