Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:20:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terrence Beale <terrence@flatiron.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP on Intel 370DLR+ mb

 Hi,

 I'm trying to use SMP on a 370DLR+
 motherboard. The system is a supermicro 6010L.

I'm experiencing the same bug that the supermicro P6 DNE had, with the
 8254 timer interupt being misreported to the I/O APIC. The fix used to
be to add this option to the kernel config:

 options         SMP_TIMER_NC

/usr/sbin/config complains that this is an "unknown option". I'm using
freebsd 4.2. Presumably this worked on previous versions. Has anyone else
encountered this that could possibly suggest a current
workaround? -Terrence