Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:05:56 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Andreas Krebs <akrebs@chronolabs.de>
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] PHP and PEAR updates and changes

--+sHJum3is6Tsg7/J

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:19:01PM +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Andreas Krebs wrote:
> >It would be nice to know how to update them manually (I got it to work
> >with *pear*-File_Archive , which was trivial), but I don't know where the
> >new ports or parts of them now reside.
>=20
> As reported in the MOVED file for portupgrade, you can manually remove=20
> phpN-pear, pear-Archive_Tar, pear-Console_Getopt, pear-PEAR and then=20
> install pear and run pkgdb -F to switch all pear-PEAR dependency to=20
> pear. That's all.
>=20

How about an entry in UPDATING? I was also hit by this and had to find
out how to fix this by manually reading MOVED, which is exactly what the
UPDATING file is for.

Cheers,
-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--+sHJum3is6Tsg7/J

--+sHJum3is6Tsg7/J--