Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:15:26 -0000
From:      "Matt Stone" <matt@remixmedia.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Laptop installation question

Hello,

I've got a windows laptop that I want to build as FreeBSD machine. Only
problem is that I have a Xircom Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 card, which I
understand is not supported.

I have previously installed Redhat Linux [7.1] & FreeBSD on this laptop. I
found out that FreeBSD does not support Cardbus PC Cards. FYI, Linux happily
recognised the card.

Does anyone have patches, hints, ideas, anything[?] for getting FreeBSD to
recognise this card [short of purchasing another card], or is this a lost
cause? I have standardised on FreeBSD for all our Unix machines & would love
to get this working on the network.

Rgds,
- Matt.