Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:57:31 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2-R install fails - hangs during probing devices screen

Meanwhile, on a completely separate system from the one I just posted
about...

We tried to install 3.2-R on an Intel motherboard system with dual
500 MHz PIII cpus and an Adaptec AHA 3940 SCSI controller.  It got
as far as a screen that says Probing Devices (this may take a while...).
It doesn't give any hint what "a while" might be but we gave up (the
2nd time) after an hour.  Somehow it's managing to hang at that point.
Any ideas how to debug this?

-Mitch