Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:21:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jorge=20Mario=20G.?=" <murcielako@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sick and tired of freebsd resolving problems

Hi there
I`ve been experiencing resolving problems with freebsd
5.2.1-release-p9

the problem is this: I CAN NOT RESOLV
my hosts file is ok
looks like this in the gateway

#####################################
127.0.0.1  localhost localhost.myfoodamin.org
192.168.0.1   a a.foodoamin.org #NIC2
192.168.0.2   b b.foodomain.org # WIFI AP
192.168.0.254 laptop laptop.foodoamin.org # latop
######################################
the laptop (Linux/FreeBSD) has the same hosts file
and linux can ping to the outside world ALWAYS.
so can do it the Windows boxes.

the resolv.conf is not the problem because is working
for linux in the same box and some other windows
machines.

FreeBSD (the gateway and laptop) can ping to the
outside world Some times but very rarely

I can not figure out what can be the problem

when I run tcpdump on the latop I see it tries to
resolv DNS but it cant

somthing like this
icmp echo request freebsd.org (my DNS servers) here
then it tries freebsd.foodamain.org

then after like 2 mins I get

coulnt lookup host
or something like that

please any help would be apreciated this is driving me nuts

=====