Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:17:28 +0200
From:      Philip Lykke Carlsen <plcplc@gmail.com>
To:        "David S. Madole" <david@madole.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange keyboard (viral?) behaviour

mandag 12 juni 2006 20:48 skrev du:
> Philip Lykke Carlsen wrote:
> > Hm. A little more research seems to have narrowed it down a bit.
> >
> > Apparently the text come from my sisters windows pc and is transmitted
> > realtime to my freebsd machine, peculiar as it may sound. but at least
> > now I have the means to look at the problem more carefully.
> >
> > But I am still at a loss as to explain how it continued typing even after
> > I unplugged the network card (it's a laptop..), and how it was able to
> > continue even in singleuser mode before the network had been properly set
> > up (let alone plugged in at all).
>
> Wireless keyboard on your sister's machine and your laptop just happens
> to have a compatible receiver built-in?
>
> David

Hm. now that you mention it, that does seem probable.

And sure enough.. looking closer, the typing stops when I unplug the usb
wireless mouse/keyboard reciever.. it's just.. it has never happened before
now.. and we've been using this setup for ages.. and I never had quite this
success in keyboard transmitting range.. 10 meters at least and through at
least four solid brick and steel walls..
hm.. i guess disabling usb-keyboards via devfs.rules or by removing the
support from the kernel would solve the problem.

But thanks very much.
very much indeed :-D

hm.. I wonder why I didn't at least consider the possibility of it being the
wireless keyboard..