Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:42:20 +0100
From:      Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   git-rebase(1) prior to a PR in in the github.com/freebsd area

On 27/08/2023 08:36, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 06:30:12 +0100
> Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a checkout of
>> <https://github.com/grahamperrin/freebsd-src/pull/3>, and need to squash
>> before I create a PR at <https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/pulls>,
>> but I can't make sense of git-merge(1).
>>
>> <https://git-scm.com/docs/git-merge>;
>>
>> Can anyone steer me?
> 	IME git rebase is more useful that git merge.

I did use 'git rebase -i' with success four days ago, for a PR in
someone else's repo (not a fork of a FreeBSD tree). Successful then,
however I have used the command so rarely – like, only a handful of
occasions over the past year or so – that my mind goes blank. Entirely
blank, and using a search engine will make things far worse for me.

What should I do first, for the PR above?

Thanks