Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:43:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Vitman3852@aol.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Deskjet Printer 712C

On 2001-12-19, Vitman3852@aol.com scribbled:

# I have the above printer and I can't seem to get it to print via the command
# line or X-window apps.  I'm running BSD 4.4, and I have tried the 'apsfilter'
# package.  Several HP printers are supported by this package, but the 712 is
# not amung them.

It looks like the Desktop 710C/712C is a Windows-only GID printer
(according to the printer's manual). It should state that on the first
page in chapter five of the user's guide, which is available on-line at:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manual_set/bpd06048.pdf

--

Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]