Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:13:22 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        "Denis V. Okhrimenko" <denox@dubai.iate.obninsk.ru>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAQ about 100MBit network card support

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 03:03:57PM +0300, Denis V. Okhrimenko wrote:
> Can  FreeBSD  v.2.2.5  support  100MBit network card and if so, how it
> works?
>
> Andrew V. Kuskov, Denis V. Okhrimenko,
> PRANA development group, Obninsk, Russia.

Didn't you ask this once already?  Yes, 2.2 supports a bunch of 100MBit
cards (you'll need to check the FAQ/handbook, or release notes for 2.2.5,
to see exactly which ones).  As for making it work, it's just like adding
any other bit of hardware:

Maybe configure jumpers on card
Plug card into machine
Maybe configure card using crufty DOS-based setup program
Build kernel with appropriate driver for card
It works!

If you're really lucky you might get a card that does Plug-n-Pray properly,
so you can skip most of the configuration steps.

HTH, HAND,

	Scott.