Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:11:06 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <jshevland@ozemail.com.au>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk14 port usable for development?

We're mainly deploying our application on Windows, but I've also installed=
=20
and had multiple instances running on a 4.8-STABLE machine (1.4GHz, 1GB=20
RAM). The application is heavily threaded, uses JCE/JSSE a lot, and uses a=
=20
lot of I/O classes - basically a server application that processes data,=20
constructs and send files etc. It also has bundled a reasonable amount of=20
third party libraries, including Jetty, JCS (Java Caching), Axis (Apache=20
SOAP toolkit) and Bouncy Castle's crytpo stuff.

Its working fine with the native JDK 1.4.1 in all areas, but keytool=20
appears to be taking a long time... I did have some lock-ups using JSSE,=20
but I haven't seen those in a while and they may be prior to patchset 8.=20
The following script eventually completes, but takes a long time and drives=
=20
the CPU up to 100% (in reality I've got about ten or more of the following=
=20
lines in the script). I'm not sure if this is massaging the bug below, or=20
just takes a large amount of CPU/time (certainly far longer than Win32).

I haven't done any hard tests on it yet, but it 'feels' more responsive=20
than the Win32 deployment at this stage ... at any rate, thats what I'll be=
=20
telling the Sales Liars^W People :)

---
#!/bin/sh
keytool -genkey -dname "cn=3DTEST, st=3DVIC, c=3DAU" -alias keytest=
 -keystore=20
test.keystore -keypass 123456 -storepass 123456 -validity 365
---

Cheers,
Joe