Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:10:21 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   one IP, multiple hosts.

(Someone  suggested I ask this question here, so here it is...)

Hi all,

I'm wondering about a certain issue I would like to get help on.

Suppose you have one IP, 192.168.10.80, which is the IP of many hosted
domains (and their respective hosts) on a certain web server. Using Apache's
NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost directives, I can direct the flow of packets
being sent to the same IP to different hosts.

My question is: using tcpdump, trafshow, snort, or any other program I don't
know about, how can I know which host is being accessed when the only
information I got is: IP address, and port number (80 for web) ?

The server has one NIC only.

Thanks in advance.

Noor