Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 23:03:29 -0800
From:      Gabriel Herscu <gherscu@ucdavis.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   x question

Hi, I purchased Free BSD v.2.2.5 a couple years ago and am now trying to
configure it on my system.  Yes, I know that's a long time ago in
computer years but I have a question.  I am trying to get my X windows
system running.  I have followed the procedure in "The Complete FreeBSD"
from Walnut Creek CDRom.  When I try to run xinit or startx, I get the
message ' Id.so failed: can't find shared library "libXmu.so.6.0" '.  I
have the file in my lib directory under /usr/X11R6/  but it doesn't seem
to be able to find it.  If you have any idea what might be wrong I would
really appreciate hearing it.  I've already spent a number of hours
researching it in my book with no luck.  Thankyou,         -Gabriel