Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 1995 11:56:51 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN: Sync vs Async. Was: Bragging rights..

>>> dennis said:
 >
 > >> If you can get an extras $50 or $100 a month the price of the card is
 > >> recovered quite quickly. and since the smart sync uses less CPU at the hu
     b,

Hmm...

Now, if you can show that the telcos charge about $100 for a 128kb T1 line
then I can see your arguments for sync peripherals.

v-site.net pays about $700/month for a fraction of a T1 (350kb)  with the
option to use a full T1 on demand and of course if v-site.net uses the full
T1 the charges go up.

It costs less than $100 for v-site.net to maintain my 128kb connected to
my home via a Centrex configuration. In simple terms, I am an extension to
v-site.net ISDN setup;for instance, to dial v-site.net all I do is dial
an extension number. The reason that I get the $100/month rate is because
I know one of the principals since my college days and I provide
consultation to his busines..

Clearly, the T1 business is not oriented to the home market. Perhaps,
cable modem combined with ISDN will be the best price permance model for the
home.

	Regards,
	Amancio