Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:07:53 +0100
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: userland porting for sendmail

On Sun, 2002/03/10 at 22:27:28 -0800, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:
> >> It turned up one compile time warning
> >> (fixed for sendmail 8.12.3) and one problem.  The shared memory libsm test
> >> core dumps (signal 12).  I believe I recall seeing shared memory hadn't
> >> been implemented yet to this is of no big surprise.
>
> tmoestl> It is not enabled in the sparc64 GENERIC, so I guess Mike's kernel was
> tmoestl> built without it.
>
> Yes, but even without kernel support, should a userland application die?  I
> would have figured shmget() or the like would return -1.  I've actually
> never tried doing this on an x86 FreeBSD box without SYSVSHM enabled.

If no real entry for a syscall is present in the syscall table (just a
placeholder like nosys or lkmressys, or in the case of a syscall
number exceeding the table size), SIGSYS is delivered, as in this
case; some other options work by #ifdef'ing the implementation away and
returning ENOSYS.

	- thomas

--
Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>	http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/