Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:01:47 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Print a (rate-limited) warning when UMA zone is full.

--5/uDoXvLw7AC5HRs

Hi.

I'd like to propose the following patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/uma_warning.patch

When UMA zone is created, one can add configure a warning that should be
printed when UMA zone is full by calling:

	uma_zone_set_warning(socket_zone,
	    "kern.ipc.maxsockets limit exceeded, please see tuning(7).");

It was very easy to find and fix the problem when I saw messages on the
console that kern.maxfiles limit is reached, but when I hit
kern.ipc.maxsockets limit and started to get ENOBUFS errors it took me a
while to figure out what to tune.

This patch allows to configure advice for the use and give him some
details in a very easy way. The warning printed on the console is
rate-limited to one per second.

--=20
FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://tupytaj.pl