Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2018 09:19:10 +0200
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, =?utf-8?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=C5=82a?= <trasz@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ctld(8) 11.2-release lockup with w2k16 [Was: Re: ctld(8), multiple 'portal-group' on same socket (individual 'discovery-auth-group' restrictions)]

Hi, all,

<freebsd@omnilan.de>:
> [...]
> This is with 11.2 release.
> It's a ESXi guest, which I used severla years with previous FreeBSD =
versions without such massive iSCSI performance problems.
>=20
> Using the same /dev/zvol with istgt(1) on the same 11.2-release VM =
also solves the performance issue.
>=20
> Is anybody using ctld(8) in production post 10.x? If so, without =
observing a similar regression?

Unfortunately I cannot directly help you here. My only iSCSI target =
server is
still on 10.4 ...

But a suggestion:

Install the latest BETA of FreeNAS (11.2-BETA2), and try if that shows =
the same
problems. It's based on 11.2-STABLE. If not, the FreeNAS source tree =
and/or the
community might prove helpful. Heck, possibly their ctld config contains =
some
tuning your's doesn't. Communication is via forum instead of mailing =
lists,
but they are a generally kind bunch of guys.

I figure the number of actual users of iSCSI might be larger in that =
community.

HTH,
Patrick
--=20
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100
76133 Karlsruhe			info@punkt.de	http://punkt.de
AG Mannheim 108285		Gf: Juergen Egeling