Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:24:15 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with IR

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:22:05PM +0400, Kirill Bezzubets wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:03:13AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:16:08AM +0400, Kirill Bezzubets wrote:
> > >
> > > ./MAKEDEV ttypv
> > >
> > > then ptypv creates automatically.
> >
> > Thanks. However, ttypv already existed.
> >
> > I'm getting strange results from further experimentation, and I
> > think I might just give up, but if I can understand what's going
> > on, I'll post details.
> >

> OK then. First of all, what are you going to use IR for?
> I've successfully ran ircomm(from birda) to connect Nokia phones and so on.

It's to connect a Polar heart-rate monitor. There exists a dongle
that plugs into the USB port, which I'm probably going to break
down and get, but I'd rather save the $40 and the need to have
an extra gadget by getting IR to work, but at this rate I don't
want to spend the rest of my life fighting it.

Thanks.

Jesse