Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:08:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>, Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Removal of netns - politically correct version

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:

> if it can be made to work.  I would argue that ISA support is
> more or less just as obsolete, as is 486 support, as is the F00F
> bug workaround, as is ... a lot of code that's still there.

Three of my machines have the F00F bug; my firewall, my print server and
my laptop - I happened to test this earlier today, while upgrading my
last 4.5-pX machines.  I also use ISA network cards a bit, and a lot of
on-motherboard things seem to be logically ISA devices.  I don't
have any 486s now, but that is more to do with end-of-life ones not
being prefitted with a useful amount of memory.

I'd be very grateful if ISA support and the f00f workaround stayed in
FreeBSD for a long time yet.

Regards,
William Palfreman.

--