Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 1997 09:38:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gethostbyaddr failed...

After seeing some discussion about sendmail -q and sending mail out when
the ppp conection was up I thought that was a neat idea as I sort of did
the same thing.

I would nohup mail script, hangup and a few minutes later dialin again
and read new mail. But any replies (via pine) I would <ctrl> o for
postpone and sending later. Now I use the sendmail -q option in my mail
script.

One thing is now in the /var/log/maillog I see and error gethostbyaddr()
error for 10.0.0.1. Mail works and all, what do I add to sendmail to fix
this? I didnt get this error before I started the sendmail -q  trick.

kwoody@citytel.net