Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:31:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <dmp@aracnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix 2000...

> > has "groups," You can put people into certain groups and they don't have
> > (or do have) access to certain devices/files... I've been taking to
> > calling it Unix 2000 in the class! :)
<snip>
> But the startling number of superficial similarities to unix leaves one
> wondering about Microsoft's intentions.  Are they finally starting to
> adopt the unix way of doing things for the purpose of making it easier to
> bring unix admins to NT, or are they doing it just to say, "Hey look!  We
> do that too!"?

	That's what I've been wondering... either that or it's "Hey... we
can't be a monopoly, because we do it the same way as Unix!" My other
thing is.... Windows 2k is NOT easy to setup if you do all the profiles
and security that Microsoft wants you to use.. Plus, it seems like
quite a few tools have migrated BACK to the command prompt... The more I
get into it, the more like a new "graphical" Unix clone it feels
like... granted it's a Unix clone with a Microsoft outlook on things.

							Rick