Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 17:32:06 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What computer to buy ?

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Tony Kimball wrote:

> Quoth Stephen Roome on Thu, 21 August:
> : futureproof (ish) without buying an excessively overpriced Pentium II.
>
> Pentium II is just about the opposite of futureproof -- it is planned
> obsolescence:  Slot 1 has a very short lifetime plan.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that! I meant I wan't something futureproof
in that I won't need much more performance, not that I won't be able to
run Windoze 97 or install a Descutes or whatever intel plans for..

Maybe "slot two" will be more reasonable, but from the specs I keep
seeing, there's no good reason to be buying a Pentium II  (apart from
inability to get hold of any other Intel processors expect 486's!)

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342