Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:40:46 -0600
From:      Tom Wooldridge <tomw@futuresouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Freeze on install

Hi,

	I'm having a slight problem with the FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE and 3.0 SNAP installation programs.  I boot on the disk and the kernel messages are displayed, the only warning being.

	mii: disable 'auto select' in the dos utils!

When /stand/sysinstall is invoked, nothing is displayed.  The cursor just sits, however I can switch VTYS, for instance I can switch to vty2 and see the DEBUG
messages.

I have a P300MHZ with 64 mb of ram, a Matrox Millenium ][ MGA with 16mb of VRAM.It's on a seagate cheeta 4.5 gb scsi harddrive, and has two cdroms, a scsi and ahp cdrom burner(ide).

Any ideas would be _GREATLY_ welcomed.

tomw@futuresouth.com
--

   Most people would rather die than think, and most people do.
   -- Bertrand Russell