Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2020 14:42:05 +0500
From:      Usama Hashimi <usama.cit@gmail.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Request for Adding Pulseaudio in MPV

Hi
I hope that you are doing well.
I am writing this email in order to request a feature in MPV. I am a
teacher in an educational institute. I have recently migrated my system
from Linux to FreeBSD. After using it for few weeks, now I am planning
to shift all my workstations (in my home, office and lab) to FreeBSD.
However, there is a slight problem in this deployment. That is, in our
environment, we worked heavily on audio/video and on virtual machines.
MPV uses OSS as sound system, and it hangs a lot specially on virtual
machines. Therefore, in order to overcome this problem, we have to
manually compile the MPV from ports and add Pulseaudio support.
Pulseaudio works every well for our needs, but it is a time consuming
process to compile on every workstation of lab as well as on students
laptops. Therefore, I would like to request you that if you can add
Pulseaudio support in the next release/update of MPV, then it will be
very helpful for us. It will also be very helpful in the longrun to
promote FreeBSD on Desktop systems. Looking for a positive response :)
PS: Some people advised me to maintain my own repository, but currently
it is not possible for me due lack of proper knowledge and low resources.

Regards,
Usama Hashimi