Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 16:16:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc>
To:        Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Sandy Rutherford <sandy@krvarr.bc.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maple 10

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Colin Percival wrote:
> Hmm.  Maybe it was 9.5 which I last tried -- I ran into problems with the
> installer saying "hey, you're running FreeBSD.  I have no idea what that
> is, so I'm going to refuse to install".

When i fiddled with this some time back, I started /compat/linux/bin/bash
and then run the installation as if I was doing it under Linux. No
problems.

Best regards,
Svein Halvor

PS: While I have the opportunity; thanks for your work on freebsd-update,
portsnap, etc. I think I owe you a beer (or other drink of your choice)
should we ever meet :-)