Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:07:15 +0200
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The zope port is updated to 2.7. [pav@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.python.mk ports/www/zope Makefile distinfo pkg-deinstall pkg-install pkg-message pkg-plist ports/www/zope/files CREDITS Message apache.conf.Zope-Changes patch-lib-python-zdaemon-zdctl.py zope.conf_changes zope.sh

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:35:12PM -0400, Tim Middleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 April 2004 06:29, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> > I Working on some Additions. The New start script. Automatic Starting of
> > multiple Zope instances etc.
>=20
> Finally got around to updating my boxes with new port. It's pretty good.=
=20
> Maintains fairly close compatibility with the old port, with the few=20
> necessary changes.
>=20
> One thing I wonder about though is making the user do a "make instance" a=
fter=20
> installing. It seems to me that, by default, the default instance should =
be=20
> made automatically... so people who don't know about Zope and setting up=
=20
> instances can just "make install" and be ready to run.=20

There is a message after make install that a make install has to be done. I
don't run a make instance because of the fakt that files installed by=20
make instance aren=B4t deleted by pkg_delete. They have to type make instan=
ce=20
as a confirmation that they have read this.=20
=20
> Maybe a NO_DEFAULT_INSTANCE variable (or a better looking variable with t=
hat=20
> meaning) could be used to disable this for people who want to install the=
ir=20
> instance(s) other places. And creating the default instance accidentally=
=20
> doesn't hurt anyone; it can be just ignored if someone doesn't want to us=
e=20
> it.

yes it does. Becaus teh default location for instances is ${PREFIX}/www/Zop=
e=20
and its difficult to sepeate zopefiles and instancefiles after install.=20
=20
> Oh, and starting multiple instances automatically would be nice, yes. (-:=
=20

The latest update to the zope port has a startupscript that can run=20
multiple instances.=20

Regards=20
   Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |  PGP Public Key
Fischbachweg 3     | Privat: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
86856 Hiltenfingen | Dienst: schmidt@ze.tu-muenchen.de  |    on request

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--