Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:06:23 +0300
From:      Christos Chatzaras <chris@cretaforce.gr>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel/AMD Downfall/Inception Vulnerabilities

Hello,

There are security vulnerabilities in Intel and AMD processors.

More information can be found at =
https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2023/08/15/downfall/

It appears that changes are required both in the operating system code =
and microcode/bios updates.

If I remember correctly, when Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities were =
disclosed in early 2018, there was significant controversy surrounding =
the notification process. Several entities, including certain Linux =
distributions and the FreeBSD project, were not informed as early as =
some major tech companies.

I am aware that work is currently being done for upcoming FreeBSD 14 =
release and there may not be available human resources, but is there =
anyone working on this?

Kind regards,
Christos Chatzaras=