Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/28124: no (native) working version of netscape navigator

The following reply was made to PR ports/28124; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To: "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:44:33 +0200

 Hi David,

 David W. Chapman Jr. wrote on Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:31:35AM -0500:
 > The linux version is working, there isn't a 4.77 of the native
 > version because netscape hasn't produced one.

 Yes, I know that, and I've mentioned to use the linux-version as
 a workaround.

 My intention was, that maybe a previous version of netscape 4
 is stable and bug-free enough to be used as a native version.
 e.g. something like 4.61 ?

 For me, I cannot use the linux-version, since the linux_base port
 seems to be broken, too. (I've submitted a corresponding PR).

 Sorry I don't mean to get on anybody's nerves by sending
 problem reports, but as soon as I tell anybody about a problem,
 the first thing, people ask me, if I've sent a pr, so that the issue
 may be solved. I've got quite some years of experience now with FreeBSD,
 so I assume, it's not a problem with my system/setup/environment, since
 I've checked that. But of cource, I could be wrong.

 Best regards,
  Daniel
 --
 IRCnet: Mr-Spock  - My name is Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you
                                                 will be approximated. -