Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 1995 16:56:34 -0800
From:      Bill Allison <wallison@ifc.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Configuring modem 1.1.5.1 help!

I am running FreeBSD 1.1.5.1, and recently got a US Robotics Sportster
28.8 modem.  I have attached it to the serial port, and have added a line
in the ttys file for ttyd0, for the modem.

I am at a loss as to how to communicate w/ the modem, and get a "Device
not configured" error all the time from getty.  I have kermit installed &
I am sure that there is some basic configuration stuff I am not doing.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Bill