Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 11:34:51 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error: "Timedout SCB handled by another timeout"

>Hi
>
>I am still getting the error "Timedout SCB handled by another timeout",
>which only happens in SMP mode. I ran for 8 days in UP mode, and the
>machine was rock-steady.

Can you change that printf into a panic and poke around the timeout
code when it occurs.  You'll probably want to have remote GDB setup
for this.  I really think that the problem has little to do with CAM,
but is some kind of race in the processing of clock interrupts that
causes the timeout queues to become corrupted.  Just going up the
stack should bring you into the generic timeout facility code and
hopefully something will be obviously corrupted.

--
Justin