Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:51:35 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        "Gerardo Amaya G." <jogegabsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: port 445

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Gerardo Amaya G. wrote:

> I found that one of the company servers haver this
> ports open
>
> 445/tcp    filtered    microsoft-ds
> 554/tcp    open        rtsp
> 1080/tcp   filtered    socks

No. The only port open is 554. 445 and 1080 are filtered, which means
there may or may not be a service listening in that port, but you can't
tell because the firewall is dropping the packets. This is covered in
detail in nmap man page.

It is good that you try to secure your servers, but you should also
read the tool's documentation  =0)

				Fer