Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:56:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no questions?

Beans no questions.
I've asked questions & received answers and answered questions and
everyone here knows who we are and that the "answers" are not
the gospel but perhaps worth a try and the proof is in the pudding
of giving whatever answer a shot.

Questions posted on "questions" are like as not to get a newbie
flamed until the newbie learns to post them "correctly," whereas
here it's informal and does not strike fear into the one asking
the question.

The only consistent objector to questions on this list seems to
be Sue Blake (others get it from her) and if she wants to bounce
me from the list--so be it. I've been operating FBSD successfully
for several years (some of us are not so new) and I can live without
the list--my purpose, when the time is available, is to watch for
questions I can answer correctly which, as my Unix Mentor says,
is "appropriate payback".

Someone on this thread asked if questions are not allowed what in
the world is the list for in the first place and I wholly agree
and asked the same questions myself a few years ago.

Sure, I've posted a few success notes and a few blooper notes,
but in the end such is a waste of time.

ML Duke