Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:36:37 +1100
From:      Mark.Andrews@isc.org
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        alexus <mail@alexus.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: Cron <root@c> /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile >/dev/null;cd /usr/src;make buildworld >/dev/null;make buildkernel >/dev/null

> --OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:27:27PM +1100, Mark.Andrews@isc.org wrote:
> >=20
> ll t=3D
> > > he
> > >=20
> > > What are you claiming is the problem?
> >=20
> > 	Well some of them are a problems like casting away const
> > 	on the first arguement to strcpy() so that you can overwrite
> > 	a const string.
>
> Yeah, but they're not problems the end user needs to worry about, in
> that they're perfectly normal when compiling FreeBSD.

	So you have performed the call analysis to verify that there
	is not a bounds write violation?

	The program is buggy.  If someone submitted a patch for BIND
	which generated this error I would not accept it as it is.
	I'd either send it back to them to correct or fix the calling
	sequence myself.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org