Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:10:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dmitri Lukyanov <ldv@ibcweb.com>
To:        lfloyd@harding.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd install

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 lfloyd@harding.com wrote:

> After I got things running, I found that there were no man pages.  Ack!  So
> I did a /stand/sysinstall to install the package that included man pages,
> etc.  This completely wiped out my original configuration, such as users,
> etc.

I don't think you're right.

Probably you used "Begin a ... installation (for ...)" in the
/stand/sysinstall menu. This way you will reset your configuration to
defaults. You should use "Do post-install configuration of FreeBSD" ->
"Install additional distribution sets" in the /stand/sysinstall menu
instead.

Dmitri.