Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:10:09 -0400
From:      Ben Williams <williamsl@home.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re[2]: finding a modem

   Ok I dug out the cu man page and followed your directions which was
the  same  as my original plan to talk to each port but now I have run
up  on  something  stranger.  Whenever  I cu -l/dev/cuaa0 [-s115200 or
-s1200]  I  get  "Connected."  but  that's all I ever receive from the
port.  I  issue  several  AT commands (ATZ ATE0 AT ATZ ATE1 AT ATZ ~.)
((all  followed by a <CR> of course)) and I get nothing. Next I do the
same thing with cuaa1 and I never get "Connected." so I am assuming my
modem  is  on  cuaa0  since it connects but I cannot successfully send
commands  to  it. The modem is a USR 28.8 Sportster and if I recall my
AT  commands  ATE1 enables local echo from the modem, but even there I
have myself covered by having an ATE0 as well.

--
 Ben   <mailto:received@email.com>