Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 15:24:28 +0000
From:      kroonder@knoware.nl (George Kroonder)
To:        osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie: Can't compile (new) kernel, cc dumps core

On Apr 10, 20:26, Jaye Mathisen (osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu) wrote me:

>Try playing with some of the speed settings on your adaptec, you may
>have flaky hardware, or not good termination.

I fought with a (weird) termination problem before, but solved that; things
seem te be working ok on the side of the scsi-subsystem. I checked the bus
speed and all settings in the Adaptec ROM, and they seem ok to me.

Is there anything, utillity-wise, that will test, certify or monitor the
SCSI-bus for any problems?

>Then try downloading the latest snapshopts, see if they help.

I tried something else last night after reading the BSD Manual on kernel
config, and now it exited with a memory fault, cc dumped with error code
139 on compiling ip_mroute.c. I just found it that way this morning, so
I'll see if I can find that error described somewhere. I did a "config
GENERIC", "make depend" and "make kernel" this time (anything wrong with
that?).

I don't want to download the SNAP as of now, as I'm more concerned with
getting this up (and it should work), and worrying about upgrading later.
The 2.0R should still be well "supported", right?

Thanks for the reply.

l8r,
george.

p.s. I'm posting this to the list also...

 e-mail : kroonder@knoware.nl | I prefer the wicked to the
 phone  : +31-ido-not-thinkso | foolish. The wicked sometimes
 fax    : +31-3463-53216      | rest.   -Alexandre Dumas-