Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:35:36 -0400
From:      Steve Miano <stevem@grf.ov.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem doing kernel debugging with gdb.

Hello

You Wrote on page
http://www.kr.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook268.html#602

% gdb -k kernel
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(kgdb)

This option does not appear to availible in my debugger. What am I missing?
Here is the output to my version of gdb.

% gdb -k kernel
gdb: unrecognized option `-k'
Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.

% gdb
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (sparc-sun-solaris2.3), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
(gdb) Quit

I am running this on a 2.5 box.

Steve