Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:04:14 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.2.0-4.2.1 patch problems

--==_Exmh_1255216724P

> I'm still interested if there are problems with DPMS (screen blanking).
> It was suggested to me that there could be problems with Rage 128s in
> 4.2.1 due to a couple of driver updates made.  I'm not sure if it's
> worth it to back out those updates at this point.

Hi,

I checked explicitly for this (as I normally run 'xscreensaver'
instead), and I can confirm that DPMS will no longer switch off the LCD
in my HP (which has a Rage 128 Mobility M1 in it). You can enable it
with 'xset' etc as usual, but it never blanks or turns off the screen.

After my last portupgrade, I've got the following:

	XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
	XFree86-FontServer-4.2.0
	XFree86-Server-4.2.1_3
	XFree86-clients-4.2.1_1