Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:48:14 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <pu071@pk.she.de>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 16 PnP & FreeBSD

Oleg Ogurok wrote:

> Looks good.
> do this:
> cd /dev
> sh MAKEDEV snd1
> Then try to play something.
>
> -Oleg.

Olek,

many thanks first.

Well, here we go:

a) how do I play something, and
b) what?

The only sound source I know of is the samples directory on the SB16
installation CD -- which contains .wav files. Yak.

-Christoph Sold
P.S: Please ignore the e-mail adress above, it is probably wrong --
still have not configured sendmail the right way. The correct e-mail
address: <mailto:christoph.sold@pk.she.de>

> >Dear Folks,
> >
> >yesterday I installed my brand new SB16 Plug'n'Pray board. PnP support
> >built into the kernel, the new sound driver also added, I rebooted.
[snip]