Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 08:45:47 -0500
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
To:        Nicola Vitale <nivit@libero.it>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, sheldonh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about mdoc formatting

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 03:11:46PM +0200, Nicola Vitale wrote:
> > > [Nicola Vitale, 23/05/00]
> > > .br
> > [Mike Pritchard, 23/05/00]
> > No, don't use *roff formatting directives directly within -mdoc
> > style man pages.
>
> I didn't know. :-(

No big deal.  Better that you asked for advice first, right?

> Relaunching:
>
> .It Ev DEF_BUILDER_DIR
> If set, is used as the path of the build directory instead of
> .Pa /usr/src/sys/compile
> It can be overriden by the
> .Bk -words
> Fl d Ar destdir
> .Ek
> option.
>
> Is it an effective solution?

Ooooh....this is only somewhat documented (it is in mdoc.samples, but
not mdoc(7)  (Sheldon, wanna tackle this one?  If not, I will).

I've never actually seen those macros used anywhere, so I'm not
sure if they work :-(.

From the documentation, .Bk/.Ek sound like what you want.  If they
don't work for you, why don't you send me the mdoc source of the man
page you are working on?  Then I'll take a look and see if I can figure
out a work-around?

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard