Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 23:44:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        Richard Gresek <rg@plusnet.de>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache compilation

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Richard Gresek wrote:
>
> > I am trying to compile apache_1.1.1 and get the following error msg.:
>
> Just add -lcrypt to the makefile.  BTW, what is PHP?
>
> Danny

PHP is acutally PHP/FI -- it's a super cool "ssi like" tool for making
dynamic pages. Very cool stuff. It works by compiling in an apache module,
and configuring a mime-type for .phtml files. All .phtml files are parsed
by the PHP engine. Essentially, it's a super set of html looking commands
that get parsed and replaced. You can do scripting very easily, file
uploads, guestbooks, etc, etc...

It's worth checking out, especially if you're already into
sever-side-includes.

Go to www.vex.net/php for lots of info!

-mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch