Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        "FreeBSD's ports list" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netscape/Linux 4.01b6

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Tom Samplonius:
> >   That alone would almost be enough to convince me to leave my default
> > work env of a 12in bw monitor with several virtual consoles.
>
> From comments in comp.mail.imap, it seems that NS has some big problems
> (bad behaviour, use of a special Trash folder against rules and so on...).

  The Win95 Netscape works fine with the Cyrus imap server.  The UW server
is one that Netscape has problems with.

> I wouldn't use it for IMAP, fetchmail seems much better in that respect...

  Ugh.. why use IMAP then?  The whole point of IMAP is that you can read
the mail on the server, so you can access it from multiple points, without
having carry your mailbox around on a floppy disk.

> --
> Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
> FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #20: Fri Jun 13 00:16:13 CEST 1997

Tom